Sunday, February 14, 2016

Spa Palace

Los Angeles has a variety of well known and some not so well known areas. Well while strolling by the Pico Union district(minutes apart from Dtla); I was presented with the most confusing font a spa could ever have. This area is notorious for its high crime rates and poverty levels. Although there's no evidence on who the designer is, I was able to snap a picture. The font used reminds me of a gang influence/old school font. This is not necessarily what someone would picture a spa having. My automatic response to this was a sudden urge to ask oneself why? Maybe they wanted to fit in with the demographics of the area? Who knows! For a spa in particular I would much rather have gone for a less bolder font. Something more organic and flowing perhaps? Spas are
for relaxation, why would anyone want to distract you with something else? Let alone a font. Mind you that I had to do a double take and make sure it was indeed a spa.

No comments:

Post a Comment